I’m thrilled to share with you the chat I had with author Parker J. Cole on her podcast, The Write Stuff with Parker J. Cole, from PJCmedia.net! We discuss great Biblical scriptures for writers. Listen to the podcast embedded below, or go directly here to listen! I’ve listed the Scripture we discuss below so you can go back to it again and again, as I love to do. I pray you find inspiration in God’s word and that it leads your writing always!
Scriptures for Writers
- Exodus 17:14 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the name of Amalek from under heaven.”
- Colossians 3:24 NIV Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
- Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain (Psalms 127:1).
- In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty (Proverbs 14:23).
- In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:16).
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 So then, dear brothers and sisters, be firm. Do not be moved! Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
- Psalm 126:4-6 NIV
Restore our fortunes, Lord, like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.
Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.
- Jeremiah 31:16-17 ESV Thus says the Lord: “Keep your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for there is a reward for your work, declares the Lord, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. There is hope for your future, declares the Lord, and your children shall come back to their own country.
- Ecclesiastes 2:24 ESV There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,
- Psalm 90:17 ESV Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!
- Proverbs 23:4 NET Do not wear yourself out to become rich; be wise enough to restrain yourself.
Proverbs 23:4 NLV Do not work hard to be rich. Stop trying to get things for yourself.